Mainport is fully licenced in compliance with all relevant rules and regulations in South Africa.
A list of our licences and memberships follow; these demonstrate the impeccable standards we maintain as members of these august and respected organisations.
- Standard Trading Conditions
- IMDG cargo handling. All operations personnel are certified in handling of hazardous cargoes
- Licensed with The South African Council for the Non-proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Registered with the Department of Conventional Arms Control
- Licensed container operator
- Vessel agent licenses for the ports of:
- Richards Bay
- East London
- Port Elizabeth
- Mossel Bay
- Cape Town
- Saldanha Bay
The company and/or directors are additionally members of:
- Level 3 BEE
- Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- SAASOA (South African Association of Ship Operators and Agents)
- SAOGA (South African Oil and Gas Alliance)
- Durban Chamber of Commerce
Mainport is also a proud supporter of The National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI), which is run by over 900 highly skilled, unpaid volunteers who are on standby day and night throughout the year. Sea Rescue is the charity that saves lives on South African waters. They have 31 bases around the coast; 4 are on inland dams, a fleet of 90 rescue craft, 28 rescue vehicles, 10 quad bikes and 10 tractors. They also have access to a range of helicopters. For more information please click here.